Thursday, December 27, 2012

i chose joy just write 66

I never watch the news on television, and I wasnt about to start now.

I barely read a newspaper any longer either. The fixation in the news media on the horrors of our world are far too much for this tender heart to bear. So I didnt read the newspapers. None of them. And I stayed away from the news online too.

I skipped over Twitter and Facebook too, skimming my eyes over the constant coverage, the grim details, the unbearable sorrow. When a few of my Twitter friends chose to constantly tweet about it, I really had no other choice. I blocked them. I hated it, but thats what I needed. I read a few of their words on their own blogs, but even then I decided I couldnt finish these posts. So I didnt read their blogs anymore.

There was only one, this one, that I read, and re-read and read over and over again. This was the one that people needed to read.

I dont need to read all the news about it. No one needs to fixate on it. It does no one any good, but we, as a society, cant seem to look away, and the sorrow played out through sensationalist journalism is a drug that we cant seem to give up in our lives. And it does no good but to make us anxious, panicky and mournful.

I did talk briefly about it with close friends, over dinner, and wine and connection. But it was more about how to cope, and understand, then about details. I dont want the details. Why does anyone want the details?

Instead, I chose joy. And it was the hardest joy to choose.

And I prayed. Every time I thought of the sorrow- and believe me, even without the constant onslaught of tweets and status updates and everything else, I thought about it A LOT- and when I did, I prayed. I prayed for the families. I prayed for the souls lost. I prayed for our nation, and the anxiety it caused. I just prayed.

I chose to pray every time I thought about it. Because quite frankly, I didnt know what else to do. Nothing will help; no arguing, no pontification, no lobbying, no pleading, no nothing. Panic wont help. Anxiety wont help. Fear, by God, fear will not help.

I chose joy. I chose to buy our Christmas tree, drenched in the weekends rain. I chose to pull out box after box of Christmas decorations and deck my halls. I chose to light up our house and dwell in the light, not the darkness. I chose joy. I chose to sing. I chose to smile and hug and think of the birth of our Saviour. I set up our Nativity scene and prayed some more.

I chose joy. I begrudge no one for their choices, and their means to understand.

But for me, I chose joy.

This is Just Write 66.
Find it every week at The Extraordinary Ordinary
Comments are closed on this post.


Historical Fiction I Choose Joy! These are just slower readers in generalIm not counting kids with ... events to write about? Paul and I arent the ... here at I Choose Joy! MinnesotaJoY (Jo) (MinnesotaJoY) on Twitter In the face of the enemy, I chose joy instead. (Just Write 66, w/ @HeatheroftheEO) http:// kateinthekitchen.com . Retweeted by MinnesotaJoY (Jo) Choosing Joy - .:: GEOCITIES.ws ::. It gives much consolation to know that I can choose joy. ... joy is not just a quality radiating from individual persons. ... Joy is a Divine Gift (65-66) Choose Joy (in)courage Choose joy.Choose joy.Choose joy. When I am frustrated about something, ... I do a lot. I write a lot of lists. ... but I learned that if I just focus on any joy ... Joy by Zadie Smith The New York Review of Books Even the great anxiety of writing can be stilled for the eight minutes it takes to eat ... But on that dance floor I was joy, ... I dont just mean the deathly ... Choosing His Joy: My Indiana Jones I Choose Joy. I Write About... A Day in the Life of Us (1) ... and up until the other day I had forgotten just how much I enjoyed it. One Year of Choosing Joy Lil Blue Boo I have a Choose Joy necklace and every time I wear it, ... Choose Joy just seemed like the most sensical words for my ring. ... (66) August 2011 (50) July 2011 ... Just Thoughts... : I Write Down My Thoughts Story & Experience Just Thoughts... : A true, personal story from the experience, I Write Down My Thoughts. ... I Choose Joy. Members: 126. Stories: 10. Full Site. 10 Ways Happy People Choose Happiness - Marc and Angel Hack Life ... Here are ten ways to choose happiness: ... I am writing an article about Making yourself Happy, ... I was just talking about this with a client this morning. I Love to Write Stories Group with Personal Stories, Forums and Chat 4 4 Comments 249 249 Views 6 6 Votes. ... i have always loved to write, especially when i could just write what was on my mind as opposed to an academic paper ... I Choose Joy. I Am Good At Joining ...

No comments:

Post a Comment